Length of time in the role
- 3 years + 2 years
Supported by County Commissioner
- County Leadership/GAW Verifiers
- County Mentors
Number and type of meetings
- Division termly meeting
- County Executive meetings – approx. 3 per year.
- Meetings as required to run the division
Can this role be a job share?
What will I do
- Lead and support a dedicated team of volunteers to ensure high quality guiding is happening in your area, focusing on providing more opportunities for girls to get the most out of guiding.
- Ensure local guiding business is conducted efficiently and effectively via team meetings; establish appropriate methods of communication and build effective relationships throughout the team.
- Recognise the commitment of all adults within the area, giving informal thanks and, where appropriate, nominating individuals for awards.
- Help members of the team to identify and fulfil training needs.
- Recognise when support is needed by members of the team and respond appropriately.
- Manage enquiries, complaints and disputes in a timely fashion
- Promote local, national and international opportunities available within guiding as well as externally, and encourage young members to take part.
- Work closely with District Commissioners.
- Help to arrange events for girls and socials for the leaders.
- Promote opportunities for training, activities and fundraising.
- Maintain good communications with other Commissioners in your area.
- Keep up to date with new resources and programme initiatives, and use them as appropriate.
- At Division and District level, visit units in your area to promote high quality guiding and to build successful working relationships
What skills will I have?
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire adult volunteers.
- Computer literate and comfortable with using databases and email.
- High level of organisation, and ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a team effectively.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Friendly, can do attitude.
- If you would like to apply for this role, please send us a statement of no more than 500 words or a short video considering the following:
- What skills you have for the role
- What would be your first consideration in the role?
- How will you encourage adults to take up trainings in order to keep up to date?.
Closing date :- September 15th 2021
Applications to County Commissioner :- Lisa@girlguidingdorset.org.uk