Volunteer role – Chair of Finance
What is the role of Chair of Finance within Girlguiding Dorset County?
- Manage finances within the county, look at ways of improving the finances and keeping contact with other members of the Finance Team to ensure everyone is up to date with the status of funds.
- Adhere to Girlguiding policies regarding finance and risk assessment. Ensure correct financial procedures are in place and maintained.
- Keep accurate records of financial transactions and accounts. Oversee county accounts and manage any investments as appropriate. Plan future budgeting and present financial forecasts.
- Maintain relevant bank account(s), keeping up to date with any correspondence with the bank on behalf of the organisation.
- Prepare end-of-year accounts for independent examination and an annual report for the Charity Commission.
- Chair the County Finance meetings and collate the county’s financial needs and produce appropriate budgets and reports.
- Attend County Executive meeting and report to ensure all Trustees (Division Commissioners) are aware of any financial issues and any issues arising from finance audits from units, Districts, and Divisions across the County
- Liaise with county advisers and coordinators about accounts prior to, during and following events.
- Become a trustee of Girlguiding Dorset County and successfully complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application and appropriate Safe Space training.
What support will be available to me?
- You will work closely with the County Commissioner and the County Team.
- There will be appropriate induction to the role and organisation.
- Relevant training will be provided.
- Agreed expenses will be reimbursed.
Is this the role for you?
If you have an interest in finance and would like to be part of the team working together to ensure that girls in Dorset have the best experiences, please contact Lisa Upward, County Commissioner at email@example.com.
Lisa Upwards – County Commissioner – July 2021