County Peer Educator Co-ordinator
The main purpose of this role is to support our team of Peer Educators (age 14 – 25) and assigning them to units that request a Peer Educator visit. You do not need to have been a Peer Educator to do this role.
We are looking to appoint a coordinator who can develop this role further. The key areas of focus in the role will be:
- Supporting the peer educators, encouraging them to run sessions and develop their skills
- Linking leaders requesting sessions to peer educators
- Spreading the word about peer education and providing guidance to those aged 14 – 25 who are interested in becoming Peer Educators.
- Working with the Region Peer Educator Lead Volunteer and other County/Island Co-ordinators to develop training opportunities.
- Working with the county, sharing knowledge and skills to benefit all those in the 14 – 25 age range
- The role will give you opportunities to gain experience at team building, volunteer management and communications
Term of Office:. 3 years
As part of the County Team, you will work closely with the County Blue Team.
In addition, you will have the support of the County Commissioner and the Region Lead Volunteer.
To find out more, to apply:- contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 20th August.
A useful e-learning can be found here: https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/making-guiding-happen/resources/resource-library/e-learning/become-a-peer-educator-e-learning/