The Girlguiding Dorset Ammonite Award can be gained by any member aged 18 and above in recognition of their contributions and commitment to guiding at local level within Dorset.
The aim of the award is to recognise those who have supported others to a high level within the guiding community whether leading or supporting those who lead, over an extended period of time or during an exceptional period of time or event.
It is aimed at those who have shown extra commitment or stepped up when the need has been there.
- The Girlguiding Dorset Ammonite Award may be awarded to any member of guiding aged 18 and over.
- The nominee will have done something special, shown extra commitment or support to others within Dorset Girlguiding which the person nominating feels deserves recognition.
- The nominee for this award does not need to hold a county/island, region or national appointment and can be a leader, unit helper, trainer, administrator or other member.
- The award is not linked to the nominee’s length of service.
- The award should not be considered as a ‘retirement gift’.
How to Apply
- The person nominating may be any member of guiding aged 18 and over.
- The person nominating should complete the application form, available from firstname.lastname@example.org or the county office, together with any additional supportive evidence from girls, parents, leaders or anyone else considered relevant by the person nominating.
- There should be at least one additional supporting document other than that made by the person nominating themselves. You can provide evidence from leaders, parents, girls and anyone else who is appropriate to the nomination.
Applications must be made without the knowledge of the nominee.
If you need help and advice completing the application please contact your local commissioner, the county office or email@example.com
What will happen next?
- Application Forms (Appendix F) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will confirm by email the safe arrival of all applications.
- Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will review the application and may make discreet enquiries to verify or ascertain additional information to support the application. T will be notified of the decision of the Dorset County Awards Committee in due course.
Successful nominees will receive their awards from the County Commissioner or her representative at a time agreed appropriate for the recipient.