The Dorset Gentian Brooch will be awarded in recognition and acknowledgement of valued service in the promotion and/or support of guiding within and beyond Dorset.
- All applications must be made without the knowledge of the nominee. They should be made via a commissioner and include all supporting evidence. You can provide evidence from leaders, parents, girls and anyone else who is appropriate to the nomination.
- The Award may presented to any adult members of Girlguiding over the age of eighteen years. In addition, members of the Trefoil Guild and Friends of Guiding are also eligible.
- A nominee who already holds any other Girlguiding award/s may still be considered for the Gentian Brooch.
- Nominations may be made by any member of Girlguiding Dorset or Trefoil Guild and must be supported by the appropriate Commissioner.
- The Award should not be considered as a retirement gift.
What will happen?
- Application Forms should be supported by a commissioner and then emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org together with all supporting evidence.
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will confirm by email the safe arrival of all applications.
- Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will review the application and may make discreet enquiries to verify or ascertain additional information to support the application. The nominee will be notified of the decision of the Dorset County Awards Committee in due course.
- Successful nominees will receive their awards from the County Commissioner or her representative at a time agreed appropriate for the recipient.