This is a national award but received at county level. This brooch may be given to an adult member of Girlguiding or a branch association for excellent service to guiding. Girlguiding Dorset County would recommend this award for those providing service at Division or County level.
- All applications must be made without the knowledge of the nominee. They should be made via a commissioner and include all supporting evidence (see application on Appendix E).
- The Award may presented to any adult members of Girlguiding over the age of eighteen years.
- The Award should not be considered as a retirement gift.
What will happen?
- Application Forms should be supported by a commissioner and then emailed to email@example.com together with all supporting evidence. You can provide evidence from leaders, parents, girls and anyone else who is appropriate to the nomination.
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will confirm by email the safe arrival of all applications.
- Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The Dorset County Awards Committee will review the application and may make discreet enquiries to verify or ascertain additional information to support the application. You will be notified of the decision of the Dorset County Awards Committee in due course.
- Successful nominees will receive their awards from the County Commissioner or her representative at a time agreed appropriate for the recipient